Beef Stew With Ravioli Dumplings
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||To Taste (A Few Dashes)|
|Beef stew meat||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Crushed dried oregano||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Frozen peas and carrots||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Beef ravioli in sauce||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Snipped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a strainer rinse peas and carrots under hot water to separate.
2. In a plastic bag combine flour, salt, and pepper.
3. Add beef cubes, a few at a time, shaking well to coat evenly.
4. In skillet heat oil and brown the meat.
5. Add onion, garlic, and oregano; cook till onion is tender; drain off fat.
6. Combine 2 1/2 cups water; cover and simmer for about 1 1/4 hours or till meat are nearly tender.
7. Stir in peas, carrots, ravioli, and parsley into the stew; cover and cook for about 20 minutes more.
8. Arrange the stew into a serving dish and garnish with parsley.
Calories 606 Calories from Fat 292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.1%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.6 mg31.5%
Sodium 1076.5 mg44.9%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.9%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 39 g78.1%
Vitamin A 153.5% Vitamin C 39.6%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 24.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet