Fresh Herb Fettuccine With Smoked Salmon And Asparagus
|All purpose flour/1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour and 1 cup semolina||415 Milliliter (1 2/3 Cups)|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||2 Teaspoon (10 Milliliter)|
|Finely chopped fresh basil||2 Teaspoon (10 Milliliter)|
|Fresh asparagus spears||3⁄4 Pound, trimmed, peeled and halved (340 Gram)|
|Butter||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Smoked salmon slices||5 Ounce, cut into strips (150 Gram)|
|Cream||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Mix the flour and salt on a work surface, make a depression in the center, then add the eggs and herbs, blend in the flour with a fork.
2) Knead with more flour or water, as required, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
3) Knead for about 6 minutes, wrap in a plastic wrap or a damp cloth and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
4) Divide the dough into 2 balls and roll the balls with a rolling pin or pasta machine. Cover the sheets, cover and allow to stand for at least 10 minutes, then cut the sheets into fettuccine.
5) In a large saucepan, cook the bottom halves of the asparagus in the boiling water for a minute, then add the tops and cook until tender.
6) Remove the asparagus with a slotted spoon and rinse under cold water. Drain, cool and halve each half, discard any woody sections.
7) In the same water, cook the fettuccine, until tender.
8) In a large frying pan, gently saute the smoked salmon in the butter for 30 seconds.
9) Stir in the cream and cook over a high heat, until thickened, then stir in plenty of black pepper and toss in the asparagus.
10) Add the fettuccine and toss into the sauce until thoroughly coated.
11) Serve the Fresh Herb Fettuccine with Smoked Salmon and Asparagus immediately on individual serving plates with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper.