Tomato Fettuccine with Calamari and Snow Peas
|Calamari||1⁄2 Pound, cleaned and cut into rings (young squid)|
|Milk||4 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Tomato fettuccine/2/3 pound / 300 gram, dried tomato fettuccine||3⁄4 Pound (340 gram, fresh)|
|Unsalted butter||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
|Snow peas||10 Small, both ends trimmed, halved|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Saffron powder||2 Pinch (pure)|
|Cream||185 Milliliter (3/4 cup)|
1) In a bowl, soak the calamari rings in the milk for 45 minutes. Then drain the calamari and reserve the milk.
2) In a pan, cook the fettuccine in the boiling salted water, until tender.
3) In a frying pan, saute the calamari in the butter for 1 to 2 minutes, until tender.
4) Pour in 1/2 cup reserved soaking milk and cook until the liquid is slightly reduced
5) Stir in the snow peas, season with the salt and pepper to taste.
6) Stir in the saffron and cook for a few seconds.
7) Stir in the cream and heat, until slightly thickened.
8) Drain, transfer the fettuccine to a warm serving plates.
9) Spoon over the sauce and serve the Tomato Fettuccine with Calamari and Snow Peas, immediately on individual serving plates.