Pasta Puttanesca With Parsley
|Dry red table wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced shallot/Onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned italian tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained, seeded, chopped|
|Gaeta olives||6 , pitted, quartered|
|Canned anchovy fillets||2 , drained, cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|Capers||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, rinsed, drained|
|Oregano leaves||1 Dash|
|Hot cooked linguine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped italian flat leaf parsley||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a microwavable dish, add wine, olive oil, shallots and garlic. Mix well and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds.
2) Add in Italian tomatoes, capers, anchovy fillets, olives and oregano. Combine well and microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH for 4 minutes. Mix the contents once after 2 minutes.
3) In a serving bowl, add the hot linguine pasta. Pour the tomato olive mixture on top of the pasta.
4) Combine the pasta with the sauce using two forks. Toss well but gently.
5) Garnish with chopped parsley and serve the dish hot.