Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper
|Red peppers||5 Large (deep red variety)|
|Ridged pasta||3⁄4 Pound (340 gram, such as penne rigate, rotelli or conchiglie)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
|Olive oil||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
|Finely chopped fresh basil||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
|Anchovy fillets||3 , drained and finely minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) Roast the peppers under a hot broiler, until the skins are evenly charred. Transfer immediately in a large plastic bag , seal the bag and leave for 30 minutes.
3) Then skin, seed and slice the peppers into 2 inch strips. Sprinkle a little extra virgin olive oil and keep aside.
4) In a pan, cook the pasta in the boiling salted water, until tender.
5) In a frying pan, saute the basil, anchovies and garlic in the olive oil over a low heat for 1 minute.
6) Stir in the peppers and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the extra virgin olive oil and cook over a low heat for a nice flavor.
7) Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce along with few coarsely torn basil or parsley leaves.
8) Serve the Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper, immediately on individual serving plates.