Penne With Shrimp And Bacon
|Penne rigate||1 Pound (450 gram)|
|Bacon||1⁄4 Pound, cut into narrow strips (110 gram)|
|Frozen peas||125 Milliliter, thawed (1/2 cup)|
|Shrimp||5 Ounce, uncooked peeled, halved if large (150 gram)|
|Butter||20 Milliliter (1 1/2 tablespoon)|
|Ricotta cheese||125 Milliliter (1/2 cup)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Grated parmesan cheese||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
1) In a pan, cook the penne in the boiling salted water, until tender.
2) In a large frying pan, gently saute the bacon, until the bacon fat is melted.
3) Stir in the thawed peas and saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
4) Stir in the shrimp, stir contonuously and cook, until just done.
5) Stir in the butter and cook over a low heat, until the butter is gradually melted.
6) In a bowl, mix the Ricotta cheese, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese together.
7) Just before serving, whisk in 2 or 3 tablespoon (30-45 ml) boiling pasta cooking water.
8) Drain the penne and toss it with the Ricotta cheese mixture.
9) Then add the sauted bacon, shrimp and peas and toss thoroughly.
10) Serve the Penne with Shrimp and Bacon, immediately on individual serving plates.