|Dried porcini mushrooms||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Olive oil||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Pancetta/Unsmoked bacon||1⁄4 Pound, cut into strips (110 gram)|
|Canned peeled italian tomatoes||625 Milliliter, drained and chopped|
|Chili flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Penne||1 Pound (450 gram)|
|Grated pecorino cheese||85 Milliliter (1/3 cup)|
|Butter||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
1) Soak the porcini mushrooms in 1 tablespoon water for 1 hour and then cut into thin strips.
2) In a large saucepan, saute the onion and garlic gently for 5 minutes.
3) Stir in the pancetta or unsmoked bacon and saute for another 5 minutes.
4) Stir in the porcini mushrooms, tomatoes and chili flakes, simmer over a moderate heat for 20 to 30 minutes, until thickened.
5) Taste and adjust the seasoning. If the sauce appears slightly dry, stir in 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 tablespoon pasta cooking water.
6) In a pan, cook the penne in the boiling salted water, until tender, then drain
7) Just befor serving, toss the cooked penne and grated pecorino cheese with the sauce, until thoroughly coated.
8) Stir in the butter and serve the Penne all'Arrabbiata, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 766 Calories from Fat 312
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.4%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.7 mg17.2%
Sodium 916.2 mg38.2%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g31.8%
Dietary Fiber 11.7 g46.8%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 23 g46.3%
Vitamin A 77.7% Vitamin C 36.5%
Calcium 22.1% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet