|Whipped butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Shitake mushrooms/White mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ready to serve chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Orzo||1 1⁄2 Ounce, uncooked|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a pot of salted, boiling water cook the orzo as packet instructions.
2) In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat butter and oil. When the butter melts, add in garlic, mushrooms and saute over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes till the mushrooms become soft.
3) Add in the chicken broth and parsley. Stir frequently for about 3 minutes until the liquid reduced to almost half its quantity.
4) Add in the cooked orzo and season the mixture with salt and pepper. Stir to mix all the ingredients. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring often, till the orzo is heated through.
5) Stir in the parmesan cheese. Mix well to combine.
6) Serve the Orzo Pilaf garnished with chopped parsley.
Calories 104 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.6%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.4 mg3.8%
Sodium 159.5 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.78 g3.1%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 3 g6.5%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 5% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet