Gorgonzola And Walnut Ravioli
|All purpose flour||875 Milliliter (3 1/2 cups)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Pinch (1 large pinch)|
|Eggs||4 , lightly beaten|
|Ricotta cheese||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Gorgonzola cheese||85 Milliliter (1/3 cup)|
|Walnuts||125 Milliliter (1/2 cup)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||125 Milliliter (1/2 cup)|
|Toasted bread crumbs||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon, fresh)|
|Egg||1 , beaten (for sealing pasta)|
|Butter||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
|Cream||125 Milliliter (1/2 cup)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
1)) Sift the flour and salt on a work surface, make a depression in the center, then add the eggs blend in the flour with a fork.
2) Knead with more flour or water, as required, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
3) Knead for about 6 minutes, wrap in a plastic wrap or a damp cloth and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
5) Divide the dough into 4 balls and roll the balls with a rolling pin or pasta machine into very thin sheets, cover and keep aside.
6) In a food processor or blender, process all the filling ingredients together into a coarse paste.
7) Trim each pasta sheet into 2 x 2 inch squares, spoon the filling in the center and brush the edges with the beaten egg.
8) Fold over diagonally to form triangles, press the cut edges together and trim the cut edge with a zigzag pastry wheel or a crimper cutter, keep aside in a single layer.
9) In a large pot of boiling salted water, add a few drops of olive oil, poach the ravioli, in batches for about 4 minutes, until done. Transfer to a warm serving dish.
10) In a pan, melt the butter, stir in the cream and simmer, until slightly thickened. Pour over the ravioli, add 1 1/2-2 1/2 tablespoons Parmesan, and toss lightly.
11) Serve the Gorgonzola and Walnut Ravioli, immediately on individual serving plates with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper.