Penne And Fresh Tuna With Raisin And Almond Sauce
|Butter||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoon)|
|Fresh tuna steaks||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into strips (680 gram)|
|Penne||2⁄3 Pound (300 gram)|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Butter||6 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon /100 milliliter)|
|All purpose flour||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|White wine||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Currants||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
|Raisins||85 Milliliter (1/3 cup)|
|Slivered blanched almonds||60 Milliliter (1/4 cup)|
|Fresh lemon juice||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
1) In a large pan, gently saute the tuna, until thoroughly cooked. Remove and keep warm.
2) In a pan, melt the butter, stir in the flour and cook, until the roux is smooth and golden.
3) Stir in the nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste and cook for a few seconds.
4) Gradually pour in the wine, stirring constantly, until smooth.
5) Stir in the currants, raisins, almonds, lemon juice and sugar, bring to a boil and simmer over a low heat for 20 minutes.
6) In a bowl, whisk a little hot sauce into the egg yolks, then remove from the heat and whisk the egg yolk mixture back into the sauce; keep warm.
7) In a pan, cook the penne in the boiling salted water, until tender.
8) Drain, stir in a little vegetable oil and transfer to warmed plates.
9) Top with the tuna pieces, then spoon over the sauce and serve the Penne and Fresh Tuna with Raisin and Almond Sauce, immediately.