Tomato Basil Pasta
|Condensed broccoli cheese soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Half-and-half/Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Plum tomatoes/Canned plum tomatoes- 4, drained and coarsely chopped||3 , coarsely chopped (1 Cup)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Snipped fresh basil leaves/1 teaspoon crushed dried basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked fettuccine||3 Cup (48 tbs), hot (6 Ounce Dry)|
|Toasted pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (A Handful For Garnish)|
|Fresh basil sprig||4 (For Garnish)|
1. Take a medium (2-quart) saucepan and combine first four ingredients in it.
2. Place on medium heat and heat, stirring frequently.
3. Allow cheese to melt and tomatoes to become soft. Do not boil.
4. In 4 bowls, divide the pasta.
5. Ladle the sauce over each serving.
6. Sprinkle pine nuts and basil on top.
7. Serve hot.
Calories 675 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.2 mg11.4%
Sodium 446.9 mg18.6%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.7%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 23 g45%
Vitamin A 19.9% Vitamin C 17.3%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 19.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet