Componata with Rigatoni
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Thinly sliced onions||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Cubed eggplant||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced zucchini||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Thinly sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried sage||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated sapsago cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook the rigatoni until tender.
2. Drain and transfer to a large serving platter.
3. In a 6-quart pot over medium heat, heat the oil and sautÃ© the onions
4. Cook for about 10 minutes or until onions are soft and translucent.
5. Add the garlic and cook for about a minute.
6. Add the eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, mushrooms, parsley, basil, oregano, sage, thyme, and hot-pepper sauce.
7. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables have released their natural juices.
8. Raise the heat to medium and cook, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
9. In a serving plate, arrange the rigatoni.
10. Top with the vegetables and sprinkle with the cheese and serve.