Fettuccine with Grapes
|Scallions||8 , julienned|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red seedless grapes||2 Cup (32 tbs), halved|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cottage cheese||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Preferably Low Fat)|
|Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated sapsago cheese/Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook the fettuccine until tender; drain and place in a large bowl.
2. In a large nonstick frying pan, sautÃ© the scallions in the stock for about 3 minutes.
3. Add the grapes and thyme.
4. Heat for 2 minutes and set aside.
5. In a food processor or blender, puree the cottage cheese, milk, Sapsago or Parmesan, and nutmeg until smooth.
6. Add the cheese mixture and grapes.
7. In a serving plate, arrange the fettuccini.
8. Combine the scallion, grapes and cheese mixture and toss gently to mix.
9. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve warm.
Calories 489 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.3%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.4 mg4.8%
Sodium 385.5 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.5%
Sugars 19.9 g
Protein 24 g47.8%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 32.7%
Calcium 20.8% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet