Tofu Cheese Manicotti
|Firm tofu||9 Ounce (Or Soybean Curd)|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||3 Ounce|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Ounce|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Ounce|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Teaspoon|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Uncooked manicotti shells||32 Ounce, cooked according to package directions and drained (8 Shells, 4 Ounce Each)|
|Tomato sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a food processor bowl, process the tofu until crumbly.
3) In a medium bowl, mix rest of the ingredients except manicotti shells and tomato sauce together.
4) Spoon the tofu mixture evenly into each shell and reserve rest of the mixture.
5) In a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, arrange the stuffed shells crosswise.
6) Combine the tomato sauce with rest of the tofu mixture and pour over the manicotti.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes until thoroughly heated.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 1157 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.4%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 150.2 mg50.1%
Sodium 614.7 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 177 g58.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.7%
Sugars 14.9 g
Protein 52 g103.3%
Vitamin A 28.3% Vitamin C 31.9%
Calcium 52.1% Iron 36.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet