Turkey And Pasta With Parsley Sauce
|Pitted green olives||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Capers||3 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 Small Jar)|
|Canned plum tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), drained|
|Celery ribs||2 Large|
|Flat leaf parsley leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs) (packed)|
|Penne/Ziti /rigatoni||1 Pound|
|Ground turkey/Chicken||1 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced (Large Cloves)|
|Dried red pepper flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese/Romano cheese||1 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta.
2. While the water is heating, puree the olives and 4 tablespoons of the olive oil in a blender; transfer the puree to a large bowl and add the capers. With scissors, cut the plum tomatoes lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide strips over a bowl to catch the juices, and add the tomatoes and their juices to the olives. Cut the celery into 1/4-inch dice and finely chop the parsley. Add these to the olives.
3. Add the pasta to the boiling water. At the same time, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey and saute, stirring and mashing the turkey with the side of a wooden spoon to break it up into clumps, until opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to saute until the turkey is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the turkey and any juices to the sauce in the bowl. Toss thoroughly to combine, and season to taste with salt and red pepper flakes.
5. Drain the pasta and toss it with the turkey and sauce. Adjust the seasoning. Serve the grated cheese on the side.