Patchwork Calico Pasta
|Sliced zucchini||3⁄4 Pound, cut into diagonal slices (4 Pieces)|
|Broccoli flowerets||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Chile pepper||To Taste|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Half And Half)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Get some water to boil and add zucchini into it for 1 minute for blanching, and then remove.
2. Drop broccolis in some boiled water for 3-4 minutes for blanching, and remove.
3. Drain the water.
4. Peel and chop tomatoes.
5. Toast pine nuts into 350-degree oven for 5-10 minutes, but take care so that the nuts should not get burned.
6. Cook spaghetti as per the directions mentioned on the package until the spaghetti turns soft but firm in its texture [al dente]
7. Drain water from the noodles.
8. Take a skillet and heat oil in it.
9. Add garlic, zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes, Chile peppers, salt and pepper in hot oil.
10. Cook the ingredients for a short span with stirring as required.
11. Remove the chili pepper from the pan and discard.
12. Pour the preparation on the spaghetti and toss gently for even mixing.
13. Garnish the dish with additional cheese before serving.
14. Serve immediately.