Penne with Broccoli Rabe and Spicy Turkey Sausage
|Sun-dried tomatoes||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Spicy turkey sausage||1 Pound, sliced into 1-inch pieces|
|Chipotle chili/Your favorite chili||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Broccoli rabe||1 1⁄2 Pound, roughly chopped, washed, and drained|
|Pasta cooking water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a bowl place the sun-dried tomatoes, cover them with boiling water and allow them to macerate for 20 minutes.
2. Then drain the tomatoes, julienne them and set them aside.
3. In a large Dutch oven Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over high heat and sear the sausage on all sides.
4. Reduce the heat and cook the sausage through, turning it often, for approximately 5 minutes.
5. Remove the sausage and set aside.
6. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and add the pasta.
7. In the Dutch oven Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat and sautÃ© the chipotle pepper, stirring it often, for 1 minute.
8. Then add the garlic and saute it, stirring it constantly, until it is soft and fragrant.
9. Raise the heat, add the broccoli rabe and saute it, stirring it constantly, for 1 minute.
10. Add the pasta cooking water and steam the broccoli rabe in it until it is tender.
11. Then add the sun-dried tomatoes and reduce the heat to low.
12. Drain the pasta, add it to the vegetables and toss the ingredients well, seasoning them with the salt and pepper.
13. Add the cooked sausage and serve hot.