1. In a saucepan bring 1 cup (250 ml) water to a boil, cook spinach just until spinach wilts, then drain it, squeeze out moisture, chop finely and set aside.
2. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine 8 to 10 minutes such that al dente.
3. To prepare the sauce in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook pine nuts until golden.
4. Stir in spinach and garlic, reduce heat to low and cook 3 minutes.
5. Toss drained pasta with sauce and Parmesan cheese, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.