|Hen||4 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Water||3 Quart (More / Less)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1 Dash|
|Onion||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Chicken broth||2 Quart|
|Broad egg noodles||300 Gram (1 Large Package)|
|Chopped celery||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream of mushroom soup/Cream of celery / cream of chicken soup||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Stewed tomatoes||2 Can (20 oz), drained|
|Button mushrooms||16 Ounce (2 Cans, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Ground thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated sharp cheddar cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs/Cracker crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Remove the neck and giblets of the hen and wash thoroughly.
2) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3) In a large pot or Dutch oven, place the cleaned hen.
4) Pour enough water to cover the hen.
5) To this water, add the seasonings.
6) Bring to a slow boil. Continue to cook until chicken turns tender.
7) Now, reserve the broth in a bowl and dice the chicken.
8) In the reserved broth, cook noodles, celery, onion, garlic and parsley.
9) In a casserole dish, combine chicken, noodles, vegetable mixture, soup, tomatoes, mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper.
10) On top of this mixture, add grated cheese and crumbs.
11) Bake in the oven at for about 1 hour, or until the mix is browned.
12) This recipe makes 2 large casseroles. You can serve it hot, garnished with more cheese, if required.
Calories 406 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g26.9%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g26.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.6 mg37.5%
Sodium 1261 mg52.5%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 34 g68.2%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 12.6%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 28.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet