Pappardelle with Spinach Mushroom Sauce
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Sliced white mushrooms||12 Ounce|
|Spinach||1 Pound, stems discarded, leaves roughly chopped, washed and drained|
|Chicken broth/Low sodium canned chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Homemade)|
|Pasta cooking water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||4 Tablespoon|
1. In a large pot of lightly salted water brought to a boil, add the pasta.
2. In a Dutch oven Heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute the garlic, stirring it often, until it is soft and fragrant.
3. Raising the heat to high, sautÃ© the mushrooms with a pinch of salt until they are soft and all of their liquid has evaporated, for approximately 5 minutes.
4. Add the spinach and cook stirring constantly, until it is wilted.
5. Then add the chicken broth and pasta cooking water and season the sauce with the salt and pepper.
6. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it, add it to the sauce and toss well.
7. Over low heat, heat the pasta and sauce, stirring the ingredients often, for 2 minutes .
8. Among 4 individual plates divide the pasta, sprinkling 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan over each serving and serve.