Salmon Cannelloni with Creamy White Sauce
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onions/Shallots||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Capers||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, drained|
|Salmon fillets||8 Ounce, skinned, boned and cubed|
|Chopped fresh dill/1 tablespoon dried||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the sauce:|
|White wine||4 Teaspoon|
|White wine vinegar||4 Teaspoon|
|Minced shallot/Onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|35% whipping cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soft butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fresh dill/1/2 teaspoon dried||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven.
2) Cook the Cannelloni till soft for 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3) In a skillet, melt butter and saute shallots and capers on high flame for a minute. Add in the salmon fillets and cook till just done. Add in the dill and brandy and cook 2 more minutes.
4) In a blender, puree the above mixture once cooled, along with cream. Stuff the cannelloni with the prepared puree and place in the baking dish.
5) In a saucepan, add wine, vinegar and shallots cooking for a minute. Add in garlic and cream and cook a minute longer.
6) Stir in butter and mix well. Lastly, add in dill and lemon juice before seasoning with salt and pepper.
7) Pour the sauce over the pasta and bake covered for about 25 minutes.
8) Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
Calories 1864 Calories from Fat 708
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g122.1%
Saturated Fat 43 g215.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 230.9 mg77%
Sodium 294.8 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 203 g67.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.3%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 56 g112.1%
Vitamin A 49.1% Vitamin C 20.6%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 38.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet