Cannelloni with Cheese and Meat Filling
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef||3 Ounce, ground|
|Veal||3 Ounce, ground|
|Onions||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Carrots||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Celery||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Mozzarella cheese/Ricotta cheese - 2 tablespoon, shredded||2 Ounce|
|Mozzarella cheese/Ricotta cheese||2 Ounce, shredded (2 Tablespoon)|
|Dried sage||1 Pinch|
|Sage||1 Pinch, dried|
|Rosemary||1 Pinch, dried|
|Dried rosemary||1 Pinch|
|Tomato sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), prepared|
|Prepared tomato sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven.
2) Cook the pasta shells for about 12 minutes, until tender. Rinse, drain and set aside.
3) In a skillet, heat olive oil and cook beef and veal over medium heat until they are just cooked. Add in onions, carrots, celery, garlic and cook they soften.
4) Add in the wine and tomato sauce, bring to boil and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the sauce from heat and let cool.
5) Add in mozzarella, ricotta, parmesan, nutmeg, sage, rosemary, salt and pepper. Add in the egg, mix well and stuff the filling into pasta shells.
6) Place the stuffed pasta shells in the baking dish, pour tomato sauce over it, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook covered for about 30 minutes.
7) Serve hot.