Classic Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Shallots||2 , chopped|
|Fettuccine||8 Ounce (Preferably Whole Wheat)|
|Whole wheat||8 Ounce|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Evaporated skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Broccoli||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Cauliflower||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Frozen peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Fresh / Frozen)|
|Carrot||1 , thinly sliced|
|Pepper red||1 , thinly sliced|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 , thinly sliced|
1) Cook the fettuccine al dente, for about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2) In a saucepan, add chicken stock and let it come to a boil. Boil for 3 more minutes until the quantity reduces by half. Let cool.
3) In another saucepan, add wine, parsley and shallots. Let it come to a boil and strain the liquid once it has reduced by half. Discard the vegetables.
4) In a saucepan, add the cooled chicken stock, wine liquid, evaporated milk and flour. While whisking let it come to a boil. Lower the heat and cook for 3 minutes.
5) Remove the saucepan from flame and add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well.
6) Cook the broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, peas, carrots and red pepper in a pot of boiling water for about 3 minutes or until just cooked. Drain.
7) To serve, toss the pasta with the cooked vegetables and sauce in a large bowl. Serve hot.
Calories 635 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.7%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.8 mg5.3%
Sodium 449.9 mg18.7%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g38.1%
Dietary Fiber 14.4 g57.6%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 27 g53.4%
Vitamin A 105.6% Vitamin C 249.1%
Calcium 26.3% Iron 33.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet