Fettuccine with Artichokes and Mushroom Sauce
|Artichoke hearts||10 (Fresh Cooked / Canned, Drained)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|35% whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Saffron||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grounded|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), grated|
|Fresh parsley sprigs||3|
1. Chop 6 of the artichoke hearts and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms and garlic for 5 minutes.
3. Add chopped artichokes and wine, cook for 2 minutes, stir in cream and bring to a boil.
4. Then stir in saffron, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine 8 to 10 minutes such that al dente and drain.
6. Toss pasta with artichoke sauce and Parmesan, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Calories 1627 Calories from Fat 712
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g122%
Saturated Fat 41.4 g207%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 189.9 mg63.3%
Sodium 1062.6 mg44.3%
Total Carbohydrates 180 g60%
Dietary Fiber 50.6 g202.3%
Sugars 18.6 g
Protein 49 g97.1%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 172.4%
Calcium 53% Iron 75%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet