Bow Tie Pasta with Chicken and Green Olives
|Bow tie pasta||12 Ounce (Farfalle)|
|Pancetta||3 Ounce, diced|
|Spicy sausage||3 Ounce, casings removed|
|Fresh rosemary/1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Rosemary||2 Tablespoon, dried|
|Sage||2 Tablespoon, dried|
|Fresh sage/1/2 teaspoon dried sage||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Pitted green olives||15|
|Hot pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken||6 Ounce, cooked|
|Chicken||6 Ounce, cooked and thinly sliced|
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook bow tie pasta 8 to 10 minutes until al dente.
2. To prepare the sauce, in a large skillet, cook pancetta and sausage meat over medium-high heat, stirring to break up, until the color of the sausage is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in rosemary, sage, garlic, olives and hot pepper flakes and cook for 2 minutes with frequent stirring.
4. Stir in chicken stock and lemon juice and cook for 5 minutes.
5. In 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cold water dissolve cornstarch, stir into sauce and cook until thickened, for about 2 minutes.
6. Stir in chicken, cook until heated through and season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Toss drained pasta with sauce and serve.
Calories 598 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.9%
Saturated Fat 7 g35.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 70.2 mg23.4%
Sodium 654.7 mg27.3%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.8%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 29 g58.3%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C 13%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet