Fettuccine with Scallops In Tomato Sauce
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped red onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped plum tomatoes||3 Pound|
|Scallops||12 Medium, sliced|
|Fresh basil/1 tablespoon dried||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), dried|
1) In a saucepan, heat oil and saute onions and garlic over medium flame, cooking till they soften.
2) Add in tomatoes and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring in between. Mix in basil, season with salt and pepper and keep aside.
3) Cook the fettucine al dente for about 10 minutes or as per packet instructions.
4) In a small pan, melt butter and sear the scallops on both side till cooked.
5) In the serving bowl, toss the fettucine along with the scallops in the tomato sauce. Serve hot.
Calories 580 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.4 mg10.1%
Sodium 265.7 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.4%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 28 g55.4%
Vitamin A 47.5% Vitamin C 62.5%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet