Penne with Mushrooms In A Light Cream Sauce
|Shallots/Onions||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Mushrooms||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped|
|35% whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Pinch|
1. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat cook shallots stirring for 1 minute.
2. Stir in mushrooms and cook 5 minutes such that mushrooms brown.
3. Stir in cream and cook until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
4. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook penne 8 to 10 minutes such that al dente and drain.
5. Toss pasta with sauce, Parmesan and parsley.
6. Season to taste with pepper and serve.
Calories 813 Calories from Fat 392
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.1%
Saturated Fat 25.2 g125.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.1 mg30.4%
Sodium 156.8 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.9%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 21 g42.5%
Vitamin A 57.5% Vitamin C 10.1%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet