Pasta Radicchio Saute
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|White and pale green parts of leek||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Canned italian tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), seeded and diced|
|Dry red table wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Gaeta olives||6 , cut into halves and pitted|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon, drained|
|Penne/Hot ziti macaroni||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Teaspoon|
1. Take a 10-inch nonstick skillet and heat oil in it.
2. Add shallot or onion in the hot oil and saute onion over the medium high flame. Continue the cooking process for 1 minute more by frequent stirring method, until onions become transparent.
3. Add red cabbage (radicchio) and spinach in the hot oil and saute until spinach is completely wilted. It should take near about 3 minutes.
4. Now add broth and wine and cook the mix against high-heat until the mixture reaches at boiling point. Continue cooking for more 2 minutes and just observe if the left over quantity of is about 1/2 cup.
5. Pour in margarine and cook further stirring constantly until margarine is completely melted.
6. Now add linguine, parsley, and oregano in the mix and toss gently to coat entire radicchio.
7. Serve the past radicchio with sprinkled parmesan cheese.