Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp In A Tomato Pesto Sauce
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, peeled, deveined|
|For the sauce:|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Mushrooms||1 Pound, chopped|
|Plum tomatoes||2 Pound, finely chopped|
|Dried oregano||4 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|For the pesto sauce|
|Packed basil leaves||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Angel hair pasta/Capellini||10 Ounce|
1) Cook the pasta al dente as per its packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
2) In a saucepan, add in wine and shrimps and cook on low flame till the shrimp just turns pink. Drain the liquid and reserve for later.
3) In a saucepan, heat oil on medium and saute green peppers, onions for 5 minutes until cooked. Add in mushrooms, wine and the reserved shrimp liquid and cook for 2 minutes. Mix in tomatoes, oregano, basil, honey, bay leaf.
4) When the mixture starts to boil, turn down the flame to medium and cook for 20 minutes or till the sauce thickens. Mix in the tomato paste and cook for 10 more minutes.
5) Alongside, in a blender puree basil, walnurs, parmesan, olive oil and garlic to form a smooth paste. Keep 1/4 cup aside and refrigerate rest of the pesto sauce.
6) Toss the pasta with tomato and pesto sauces.
7) Sprinkle with a lot of cheese before serving.
Calories 632 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 177.5 mg59.2%
Sodium 324 mg13.5%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.4%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g45.8%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 43 g86.2%
Vitamin A 68% Vitamin C 110.7%
Calcium 35.9% Iron 60.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet