Scallop and Mushroom Stuffed Shells
|Jumbo pasta shells||20 Large|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, coarsely chopped (Like Oyster Or Shiitake)|
|Fresh thyme sprig/1 pinch dried thyme||1|
|Tomato||1 , diced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallots/6 whole onions||3 Tablespoon|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock/Fish stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven.
2) Cook the pasta shells in a pot of boiling, salted water for 8 to 10 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
3) In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil, and saute the scallops on medium flame until they are just cooked. Remove the scallops and allow to cool. Chop the scallops once cooled.
2) In the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon more oil and saute onions until they turn soft. Saute mushrooms and thyme till it softens. Take the skillet off the flame and add in tomato, chopped scallop.
3) After the vegetable mixture has cooled down, stuff small potions of it into the pasta shells. Place the shells on a baking dish.
4) In a saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil, add shallots, peppercorns, thyme and saffron and saute for 2 minutes on medium flame. Pour in the wine and brandy and allow it to come to a boil.
5) Once the liquid has reduced by half, add in the chicken stock and cook for 5 more minutes.
6) In a bowl, mix together butter and flour and form a smooth paste. Add in the shallots paste and cook till the sauce has thickened.
7) Strain the sauce and pour it evenly over the pasta shells.
8) Bake for about 20 minutes.
9) Sprinkle the hot Scallops and Mushrooms Stuffed Shells with grated cheese before serving.
Calories 935 Calories from Fat 299
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.7%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.2 mg19.1%
Sodium 372.1 mg15.5%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g33.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.7%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 42 g84.2%
Vitamin A 21.6% Vitamin C 34.1%
Calcium 7% Iron 24.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet