Pesto Sauce Over Pasta
|Whole wheat egg noodles/Rich egg noodles||12 Ounce (Store Brought / Homemade)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Romano cheese||2 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Firmly packed basil leaves||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Fresh Ones)|
|Olive oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), pressed|
|Pine nuts||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), shelled|
1) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the Parmesan and Romano cheeses until finely grated.
2) Dry the basil leaves with paper towels, add into the processor bowl with cheese and process until the mixture resembles puree.
3) With the processor running, add the garlic, then pour in oil and pine nuts, if used and process until the sauce is smooth.
4) In a large pot of salted boiling with 2 tablespoons oil,
boil the noodles for 4-7 minutes for fresh noodles or cook the dry noodles as per the package directions, drain.
5) In a large shallow dish, place the noodles, top with the sauce and toss well to mix.
6) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.