Veal Ragu With Campanelle Pasta
|Extra-virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground veal||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Carrot||1 , chopped|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Bay leaf||1 (Fresh Or Dried)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beef broth/Chicken/vegetable broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Basil leaves||15 , shredded or torn|
|Campanelle pasta||1 Pound, cooked al dente (Curly Small Lasagna Shapes)|
|Parmigiano reggiano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Plus Some For Passing At Table)|
1) Cut the vegetables, as desired.
2) In a large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
3) Add veal and brown for 2-3 minutes.
4) Add onion, bay leaf, carrot and garlis and season with pepper and salt.
5) Let the veggies become soft and flavrs to mingle by cooking the mixture for 4-5 minutes.
6) Add white wine to deglaze the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
7) Stir in broth and cook on medium-low heat.
8) Add tomatoes and let the sauce boils.
9) Simmer the ragu sauce until served.
10) Add spinach and basil in the sauce and let the spinach to wilt.
11) Remove the bay leaf from sauce and discard.
12) Toss cooked hot pasta with cheese and combine it into veal ragu sauce.
13) In a large serving bowl or platter, serve the hot veal ragu sauce with pasta.