Pasta With Beans And Sun Dried Tomatoes
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Canned white kidney beans||1⁄2 Pound, rinsed drained (Cannellini)|
|White kidney beans||1⁄2 Pound, drained, rinsed|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mashed|
|Italian tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), canned, seeded and chopped with liquid reserved.|
|Canned italian tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), seeded and chopped with liquid reserved|
|Sun dried tomato halves||4 , cut into strips (Not Packed In Oil)|
|Sun dried tomato||4 , cut into strips (Not Packed In Oil)|
|Dry white table wine||1 Tablespoon|
|White wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Thin spaghetti||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooked and hot|
|Thin spaghetti||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flat-leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Take a non stick skillet of size 10 inches and heat the oil in it.
2) Add the garlic and onions and cook for 2 minutes approximately until the onions become translucent.
3) Put in the tomatoes both the Italian and the sun dried varieties along with the reserved liquid and wine.
4) Stir the ingredients and allow it to boil.
5) Reduce flame and simmer for 8 minutes while stirring letting the flavors mingle.
6) Take a serving plate and arrange the hot spaghetti on it.
7) Top with the bean-tomato combination and sprinkle parsley on it before serving.
Calories 600 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.2%
Saturated Fat 0.44 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 934.2 mg38.9%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.6%
Dietary Fiber 14.3 g57.2%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 22 g44.5%
Vitamin A 60.9% Vitamin C 82%
Calcium 22.4% Iron 24.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet