Barbara Brandt's Fitness Fettuccine
|Asparagus||1 Pound, the tough ends removed and the stalks peeled|
|Thin asparagus||1 Pound, the tough ends removed and the stalks peeled (About 1 Bunch)|
|Vegetable oil spray||1|
|Nonstick vegetable oil spray||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh shiitake mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, stems discarded, caps wiped clean and sliced|
|Shiitake mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, stems discarded, caps wiped clean and sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced to make 2 teaspoon|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Basil||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sun dried tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), rehydrated and chopped (Not Oil Packed)|
|Sun dried tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth/Canned reduced-sodium chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried fettuccine||1 Pound|
|Pine nuts||2 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Freshly grated parmesan||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Cut asparagus into 1/2-inch diagonal slices.
2) Spray a large nonstick pan with the nonstick vegetable oil spray.
3) Add olive oil and heat moderately over high heat until hot.
4) Add asparagus and sauté for 1 minute.
5) Put mushrooms and garlic in it and sauté for 5 minutes.
6) Add herbs, tomatoes, wine, and broth. Simmer for 6 minutes.
7) Follow package instructions to cook fettuccine.
8) Drain the mixture and transfer content to a large bowl.
9) Mix pasta sauce, pine nuts, Parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste and toss.
10) Serve immediately.
Calories 553 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.8 mg4.9%
Sodium 572.5 mg23.9%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.6%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 23 g46.7%
Vitamin A 61.1% Vitamin C 55.5%
Calcium 30.6% Iron 39.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet