Chinese Style Vermicelli
|Dried vermicelli||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Carrots||4 , cut into fine julienne|
|Zucchini||4 , cut into fine julienne|
|Snap peas||4 Ounce, trimmed (125 Gram)|
|Groundnut oil/Corn oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Spring onions||4 , diagonally sliced|
|Fresh root ginger||1 Inch, peeled, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Clear honey||1 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Parsley leaves||1 Tablespoon (As Needed, To Garnish)|
1. In a large pan, prepare salt water and bring it to boil.
2. Add vermicelli, stir and heat until it boils again.
3. Boil for 8-10 minutes or follow packet instructions; stir occasionally.
4. In a colander or sieve, place carrots, zucchini and snap peas.
5. Season with salt to taste and place the colander over the pan of boiling vermicelli.
6. Cover the colander and keep for less than 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender but still crunchy.
7. Once done, remove the colander and keep aside.
8. Drain vermicelli
9. Chop vermicelli into shorter lengths.
10. In a wok or a deep frying pan, heat oil.
11. Add spring onions and ginger and stir fry gently until the ingredients give off a spicy aroma.
12. Add garlic, soy sauce, honey, wine vinegar and coriander seeds; stir well.
13. Add vermicelli and vegetables.
14. Increase the heat to high and toss the ingredients in the wok vigorously to mix well.
15. Toss until all the ingredients are very hot.
16. Season with pepper to taste.
17. Serve in a warm serving bowl.
18. Garnish with parsley leaves and serve.