An Uncommon Pasta Sauce
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Boiling water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Dried tomato halves||3 Ounce, cut into quarters (1 Package Or 2 Cups)|
|Dried tomatoes||3 Ounce, cut into quarters (1 Package / 2 Cups)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), cut into quarters (1 Large Clove)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, cut into quarters|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh basil/1 teaspoon dried basil leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh oregano/3/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pasta||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, drained, kept warm|
|Cooked pasta||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained and kept warm|
1) Use a large skillet to heat oil over medium heat.
2) Sauté onion for 5 minutes.
3) In a medium bowl, combine boiling water and tomato halves. Set aside for couple of minutes and then drain.
4) Use the food processor to process 2/3 of rehydrated tomato halves and garlic, until smooth.
5) Pour the mixture over the skillet into the onions.
6) Add1 /3 rehydrated tomato halves to stir in.
7) Simmer the liquid without putting any cover for 10 minutes over low heat.
8) Add parsley, basil, oregano, lemon juice, salt and pepper to stir in and simmer for another minute.
9) Remove the sauce from heat.
10) On a platter, arrange pasta and serve the pasta by spreading the sauce.
11) Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.