Mushroom Marinara Sauce On Pasta
|Chopped onion||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fat free chicken broth||3 Tablespoon (Health Valley)|
|Canned no salt added tomato sauce||30 Ounce (2 Cans, 15 Ounces Each)|
|Crushed dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Crushed dried basil||2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper white||1 Pinch (Optional)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole grain pasta||12 Ounce, cooked|
|Chopped green onion||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
1) In a medium saucepan, over medium high heat, soften onion, garlic and mushrooms by cooking in broth for 5-7 minutes.
2) Pour in tomato sauce, honey, oregano, basil and white pepper and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
3) Gently simmer for 20 minutes after lowering the heat.
4) Mix in balsamic vinegar and again boil for 5 more minutes.
5) Spoon the sauce over cooked pasta, tossing pasta thoroughly.
6) Top with green onion and serve at once.