Apollo Macaroni Au Gratin
|Macaroni||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Catelli, Ready Cut)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , cut in rings|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pimiento||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on how to cook the macaroni.
2. Drain and set aside to cool till needed
3. Bland the green pepper rings in hot water
4. Grease a 2 ½ casserole dish and set aside
5. Cut the frankfurters into half lengthwise without splitting them completely
6. Place 6 slices of cheese in the slits.
7. Wrap the bacon around the frankfurters and secure it in place with a toothpick
8. Grate the remaining cheese
9. Mix it with the cooked macaroni and the other ingredients
10. Place in greased casserole and arrange frankfurters on top.
11. Garnish with green pepper rings.
12. Bake in moderate oven, 350°F., 35 to 40 minutes, or until bacon is crisp, turning frankfurters so bacon will brown all around.
13. Serve hot with crisp vegetables, tomatoes and olives.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2911 Calories from Fat 1503
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 169 g260.5%
Saturated Fat 83.8 g419.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 488.3 mg162.8%
Sodium 4476.5 mg186.5%
Total Carbohydrates 203 g67.6%
Dietary Fiber 11.7 g46.6%
Sugars 31.1 g
Protein 142 g284.1%
Vitamin A 90.6% Vitamin C 164%
Calcium 294.3% Iron 121.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet