Chicken Almond Vermicelli
|Chicken breasts||24 Ounce, boned (2 Breasts, 12 Ounces Each)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||2|
|Boiling water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Soya sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||4 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diagonally sliced|
|Onion||1 Large, cut into eight wedges|
|Frozen broccoli spears||10 Ounce, cooked according to package directions and sliced diagonally (1 Package)|
|Vermicelli||8 Ounce (Catelli)|
|Almonds||2 Tablespoon, toasted and slivered|
1) Cut chicken into thin, long strips.
2) Dissolve bouillon cubes in water.
3) Meanwhile, blend cornstarch and soya sauce to a smooth paste.
4) Add this paste to dissolved bouillon cubes.
5) In a skillet, add oil.
6) Cook chicken in hot oil stirring continuously, until the chicken is slightly browned.
7) Remove chicken from skillet, leaving liquid.
8) Add mushrooms in the same skillet.
10) Cook until the mushrooms turn light brown.
11) To this, add celery and onion.
12) Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring as required.
13) Stir in the bouillon mixture.
14) Then, add chicken and cooked broccoli.
15) Bring the mixture to boil, cooking just until the liquid is slightly thickened.
16) Meanwhile, cook 8 ounces Catelli vermicelli according to package directions.
17) Drain thoroughly and transfer to a serving platter.
18) Spoon the chicken mixture into the centre of the vermicelli platter and sprinkle almonds on top, before serving.