Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli
|Pasta dough||10 Ounce (Homemade, 300 Gram)|
|For the filling:|
|Spinach leaves||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Fresh ricotta cheese||10 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Butter||2 Ounce, melted (50 Gram)|
|Fresh sage leaves||4 , torn|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Ounce|
1) In a saucepan, place the rinsed spinach leaves, cover and cook over a gentle heat for 5 minutes. Drain the spinach well in a colander and coarsely chop the leaves
2) In a bowl, mix the ricotta and Parmesan cheese with the chopped spinach. Add the salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste along with the beaten egg, mix well until smooth.
3) On a lightly floured surface, thinly roll out the pasta and divide into 2 equal-sized pieces.
4) Place teaspoons of the spinach and ricotta mixture over the 1/2 pasta sheet about 2 inches apart.
5) Cover with the other 1/2 pasta sheet and gently press gently around each mound. Cut the pasta into squares with a pastry.
6) In the gently boiling water, cook the ravioli for 4-5 minutes until they begin to float, drain well.
7) Garnish with sage leaves and Parmesan cheese and serve immediately with the melted butter.