Gemelli Pasta With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
|Gemelli||1 Pound (Thin Twists)|
|Canned red pepper/3 fresh red peppers, roasted||16 Ounce, roasted, drained|
|Roasted red peppers||16 Ounce (1 Jar / 3 Fresh)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon, twice around the pan|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Swirl Twice Around The Pan)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Shallot||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Dry white wine/Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, crushed (1 Can)|
|Fresh flat leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (1 Handful)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Grated romano cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Passing At The Table)|
1. Bring a large pot of water on the stove and to a boil, add salt and cook gemelli to al dente, with a bite to it, about 9 minutes.
2. In a food processor grind drained roasted peppers.
3. Heat a large skillet over moderate heat saute garlic and shallots in olive oil for 3 minutes, stir in roasted peppers and saute for more 2 minutes.
4. Stir in wine or chicken broth, reduce liquid for 1 or 2 minutes and stir in tomatoes and parsley.
5. Seasoning sauce with salt and pepper simmer until ready to serve.
6. Tossing hot pasta with sauce, transfer to a serving dish and serve.
7. Pass grated Romano cheese and crusty bread at table.
Calories 813 Calories from Fat 199
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.8%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.5 mg2.2%
Sodium 1046.8 mg43.6%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.7%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 22 g43.4%
Vitamin A 161.1% Vitamin C 224.1%
Calcium 28.6% Iron 35.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet