Red Pepper And White Bean Pasta Sauce
|Uncooked penne pasta/Uncooked ziti pasta||12 Ounce|
|Penne pasta/Ziti pasta||12 Ounce, uncooked|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped|
|Roasted red pepper salsa||11 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Canned cannellini beans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), rinsed well (Or White Kidney Beans)|
|Canned cannellini beans/White kidney beans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), well rinsed|
|Low sodium vegetable broth/Low sodium chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), defatted|
|Defatted low sodium chicken broth/Vegetable broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Crumbled feta cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Follow instruction to cook pasta. Drain water and keep the pasta warm.
2) Meanwhile, use a medium nonstick skillet to heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
3) Sauté garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until softened. Do not brown.
4) Stir in salsa, beans, broth and cilantro.
5) Bring the mixture just to a boil, by occasional stirring. (If mixture appears too thick, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to desired consistency.)
6) Use a large serving bowl to place pasta. Spread the salsa mixture and toss to coat well. Sprinkle with feta cheese and garnish with thyme, if you wish.
Calories 811 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.6%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.3 mg2.8%
Sodium 482.6 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 151 g50.2%
Dietary Fiber 12.9 g51.7%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 31 g62.8%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C 22.4%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet