Tomato And Fresh Basil Pasta
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), minced to make 8 teaspoons (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth/Canned reduced sodium chicken broth / vegetable stock / water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried penne||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped fresh basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated fresh parmesan cheese||6 Tablespoon|
1) In a pot boil water. Add tomatoes into boiling water for 30 seconds to 1 minute till the skin starts to slip off.
2) Pour the contents into a bowl of ice and water.
3) Peel tomatoes, remove seeds, and coarsely chop them.
4) In a large nonstick skillet heat oil and cook the garlic moderately over low heat for 8 minutes till golden.
5) Add tomatoes and broth. Boil the mixture and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes till liquid evaporates and reduces by half.
6) Keep the sauce warm.
7) Follow package instructions to cook the penne. Drain the mixture.
8) Add basil, salt and pepper to the sauce.
9) Spoon sauce over pasta.
10) Sprinkle Parmesan over each portion and serve.