Pasta Baskets With Vegetables
|Dried vermicelli||1⁄4 Pound|
|Olive oil||1 Dash|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Snow peas||1⁄4 Pound|
|Carrots||2 , thinly sliced|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Toasted sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a large saucepan bring water to a boil.
2. Add vermicelli and a dash of olive oil and boil for about 5 minutes until tender-crisp.
3. Drain well in a strainer and set aside.
4. To make the filling, in a medium skillet heat the sesame oil
5. Add and sauté garlic till soft and lightly browned.
6. Tip in corn, snow peas, and carrots, and sauté for about 5 minutes, until tender-crisp.
7. Add soy sauce and sesame seeds and stir fry another few minutes.
8. Take off heat and keep warm.
9. To make the nests, in a deep frying pan or deep fat fryer heat enough oil.
10. Spoon 1/4 of cooked vermicelli into a small metal basket with long handles.
11. When oil is hot and bubbly, fry each nest for 3 to 5 minutes until vermicelli is golden.
12. Remove bird's nest from basket, using a fork, onto paper towels and let drain
13. Make three more baskets.
14. Arrange vermicelli nests on individual serving plates.
15. Spoon the filling into them and serve immediately.