Pasta Baskets With Vegetables
|Dried vermicelli||1⁄4 Pound|
|Olive oil||1 Dash|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Snow peas||1⁄4 Pound|
|Carrots||2 , thinly sliced|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Toasted sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a large saucepan bring water to a boil.
2. Add vermicelli and a dash of olive oil and boil for about 5 minutes until tender-crisp.
3. Drain well in a strainer and set aside.
4. To make the filling, in a medium skillet heat the sesame oil
5. Add and sauté garlic till soft and lightly browned.
6. Tip in corn, snow peas, and carrots, and sauté for about 5 minutes, until tender-crisp.
7. Add soy sauce and sesame seeds and stir fry another few minutes.
8. Take off heat and keep warm.
9. To make the nests, in a deep frying pan or deep fat fryer heat enough oil.
10. Spoon 1/4 of cooked vermicelli into a small metal basket with long handles.
11. When oil is hot and bubbly, fry each nest for 3 to 5 minutes until vermicelli is golden.
12. Remove bird's nest from basket, using a fork, onto paper towels and let drain
13. Make three more baskets.
14. Arrange vermicelli nests on individual serving plates.
15. Spoon the filling into them and serve immediately.
Calories 148 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 428 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 54% Vitamin C 16.3%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet