Spaghetti With Tomato Sauce
|Grated cheddar cheese||4 Ounce|
|For tomato sauce|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Carrot||1 , scraped and sliced|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Fresh tomatoes||1 Pound|
|Tomato puree||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Castor sugar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a pan, boil salt water and add the spaghetti. Cook rapidly for 12 minutes or until tender.
2. To start with, prepare the tomato sauce. In a saucepan, melt butter and add onion plus carrot. Saute for 5 minutes until soft.
3. Add in the flour and tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes to soften.
4. Pour in the stock, salt, pepper, tomato puree, sugar and lemon juice. Bring it to boil, cover the lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and pass sauce through a sieve in the saucepan. Season well and reheat slowly.
6. Drain in a hot serving dish and top with tomato sauce.
7. Sprinkle grated cheese on the top before serving in a serving dish.
Calories 663 Calories from Fat 285
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.6%
Saturated Fat 19.9 g99.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.4 mg30.8%
Sodium 801.2 mg33.4%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.4%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 27 g54.9%
Vitamin A 166.8% Vitamin C 71.7%
Calcium 49.1% Iron 21%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet