Penne Pasta Salad Nicoise
|Extra virgin olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Ribbed penne pasta||1 Pound|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Red onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), halved and finely slivered|
|Pitted imported black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved, if very large|
|Capers||3 Tablespoon, drained|
|Anchovy fillets||8 , halved crosswise (Or More To Taste)|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Haricots verts||8 Ounce, stem ends trimmed, halved crosswise|
|Idaho potatoes||2 , peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes|
|White meat tuna||13 Ounce, drained and flaked into large pieces (Two 6 1/2 Ounce Cans)|
|Ripe tomatoes||3 Large, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Hard cooked eggs||3 , peeled and coarsely chopped (For Garnish)|
1. In a large pot, prepare salt water and bring it to a boil.
2. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and penne.
3. Cook until the pasta is just tender.
4. Drain and rinse under cold water, and drain again well.
5. In a large bowl, place the drained pasta.
6. Add remaining 3/4 cup olive oil and toss pasta to coat evenly with oil.
7. Add in the garlic, onion, olives, capers, anchovies, 1/2 cup parsley, and a generous amount of pepper.
8. In a small pot, bring water to a boil.
9. Add haricots verts and cook for about 3 minutes until just tender.
10. Drain and cool under cold water.
11. Drain again and pat dry.
12. Add them to the pasta bowl.
13. In a small pot, place potatoes and cover with cold water.
14. Bring it to a boil and cook for 7-8 minutes until just tender.
15. Drain and add to the pasta bowl.
16. To the pasta bowl, add tuna and tomatoes.
17. Fold all the ingredients together using a large rubber spatula.
18. Adjust seasonings to taste.
19. Serve on a large attractive serving bowl.
20. Garnish with chopped eggs and chopped parsley.