Pumpkin Alfredo over Linguini by Rosalie Fiorino Harpole
|Half & half||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whole milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pumpkin puree||15 Ounce (Libby’s)|
|Apple pie spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cracked pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sage leaves||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Linguine pasta||12 Ounce, boil|
1. Chop the fresh sage leaves and keep it aside.
2. Pour the half and half and the whole milk in the electric skillet and bring it to a gently boil.
3. In a bowl combine the pumpkin puree, apple spice, nutmeg, brown sugar, salt and cracked pepper, mix them well.
4. Once the milk has come to a boil reduce the heat and gently simmer, add the parmesan cheese to the milk and stir let the cheese melt.
5. Add the sage leaves and the pumpkin mixture mix well and let it simmer until the pasta is ready.
6. In a pot of water, boil the linguine pasta al dente.
7. Once done drain and add the linguine to the pumpkin sauce, followed by the butter.
8. Gently stir and let the butter melts and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
9. Serve the pumpkin Alfred over linguini hot along with crusty bread.
You can scoop out the flesh from the pumpkins and bake the shell, and serve the pasta in the shell.
Calories 367 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.5%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.8 mg18.6%
Sodium 351.3 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 14 g28.4%
Vitamin A 232.2% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 26.2% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet