Spanish Bell Pepper, Tomato, And Olive Pasta
|Extra virgin spanish olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||5 Tablespoon (Spanish Style)|
|Slivered onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Red bell peppers||1 , stemmed, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch wide strips|
|Red bell peppers||2 , stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, coarsely chopped|
|Canned plum tomatoes||56 Ounce (2 Cans, 28 Ounce Each)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned anchovies in oil||2 Ounce|
|Manzanilla olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Manzanilla olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), pitted, halved (Spanish Style)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Capers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), drained|
|Oregano||2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed (Or Use More According To Taste)|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Use More As Per Taste)|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped fresh cilantro leaves/Flat-leaf parsley||6 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Pappardelle/Rigatoni pasta||1 Pound (Dried)|
|Rigatoni pasta/Pappardelle||1 Pound, dried|
1) Chop the plum tomatoes roughly, saving their juices.
2) Roughly mash the anchovies.
3) In a large heavy pot, heated over low heat, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté onions for about 10 minutes in it until they are wilted.
4) Stir in bell peppers and garlic and sauté them for another 10 minutes.
5) Mix in plum tomatoes and tomato paste and cook the sauce for 5 minutes, stirring once, until the sauce just begins to thicken.
6) Stir in mashed anchovies with their oil.
7) Add in olives, raisins, capers, oregano, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper, stirring well.
8) Raise the heat to medium-low and uncover and simmer the sauce for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixed well.
9) Mix in 1/4 cup cilantro and cook it for 1 minute longer.
10) In the meantime, allow a large pot of salted water to come to a boil.
11) Add in remaining tablespoon of oil and pasta and cook until the pasta is just soft, draining well, when done.
12) Divide the pasta evenly among 6 to 8 pasta bowls.
13) Toss it with sauce and then garnish with remaining 2 tablespoons of cilantro.
14) Serve at once.