You Won'T Be Single For Long Vodka Cream Pasta
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon, once around the pan|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (For Swirling Once Around The Pan)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Shallots||2 , minced|
|Vodka||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, crushed (1 Can)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Penne rigate pasta||12 Ounce|
|Fresh basil leaves||20 , shredded / torn|
|Fresh basil leaves||20 , shredded or torn|
1. Put large pot of salted water on to boil.
2. In a large skillet heated over moderate heat gently sauté garlic and shallots in oil and butter for 3 to 5 minutes to develop their sweetness.
3. Around the pan in 3 turns in a steady stream add vodka that equals about a cup.
4. Reducing vodka by half for 2 or 3 minutes, add chicken stock and tomatoes.
5. Bring the sauce to a bubble, reduce heat to simmer and season with salt and pepper.
6. In the pot containing salted boiling water cook pasta until al dente, a bit firm to the bite.
7. Into the vodka sauce stir cream return to a bubble and remove from heat.
8. To serve drain pasta and toss hot pasta with sauce and basil leaves.
Calories 978 Calories from Fat 310
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.5%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51 mg17%
Sodium 1015.2 mg42.3%
Total Carbohydrates 117 g39.2%
Dietary Fiber 14.9 g59.5%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 24 g48.4%
Vitamin A 119.4% Vitamin C 72.4%
Calcium 21.5% Iron 46.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet