Macaroni Salad, Creole Style
|Elbow macaroni||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Ripe tomato||1 , cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Coarsely grated cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, peeled and grated|
|Finely chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced pimiento stuffed green olives||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Finely chopped red onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) Cook the macaroni as per the package directions.
2) Place the macaroni under cold running water, drain, then rinse under cold water and drain well.
3) In a large mixing bowl, add the tomato, olives, onion, cheese, carrot, celery and green pepper together.
4) Then stir in the mayonnaise and vinegar, blend well.
5) Add macaroni into the tomato mixture, toss gently to coat.
6) Sprinkle with the salt and pepperto taste.
7) Refrigerate covered for a few hours or overnight, to blend the flavors.
8) Serve chilled on individual serving plates.
Calories 767 Calories from Fat 500
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.6%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.1 mg23%
Sodium 877.9 mg36.6%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 15 g29.8%
Vitamin A 65.7% Vitamin C 32.9%
Calcium 22.9% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet